PokeWifiBase
Log-In Please.
PokeWifiBase
Log-In Please.
PokeWifiBase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a group that does wifi battles and these are our forums.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
PokeWifiBase has purchased a domain. Visit it at pokewifibase.com
We need some people to create guides for the website on different things competitive battling related... in interested send MistPhame a PM
Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 20 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:07 pm
Latest topics
» Official PWB Steel Gym Leader: ShoopdaSparce
Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:47 pm by CK

» Official PWB Psychic Gym: DarkReindhart
Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:46 pm by CK

» Official PWB Dark Gym: Twin Spire
Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:19 am by Guest

» Official PWB Rock Gym: Theta
Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:02 pm by Guest

» Official PWB Flying Gym: Kitty
Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 2:17 pm by Guest

» Your Favorite MK Wii Character.
Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:08 am by Guest

» chyea?!?
Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:02 pm by Guest

» The Clan LeaderBoard
Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:01 pm by Guest

» Shoddy or PO?
Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 2:50 pm by Guest

Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. Empty
PostSubject: Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor.   Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:22 pm

So yeah, this is my new team. I decided to build it after a slump of old teams, and since the Latias ban took place. The team has been pretty successful so far, hovering around 1465 - 1490 CRE on the Smogon Shoddy ladder. Rate, hate, abonimate. It may seem like I may have a weakness here and there, but through pivots and smart plays this team has proven reliable, and can win regardless of its shortcomings.

Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. 376Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. 245Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. 485Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. 260Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. 286Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. 149

Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. 376
Metagross@Lum Berry
Nature:Adamant
Ability:Clear Body
236HP/228Atk/20Def/24Spe
-Explosion
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch
-Meteor Mash

When building this team, I wanted a reliable lead. Something which can beat most leads, while still being a helpful buffer against dragons, Tyranitar, and such for later. Metagross does the job perfectly. I chose to go the 4 attack Metagross lead, simply because it just helps so much on checking different things, and I run Swampert which lays rocks. The coolest thing about lead Metagross, is its ability to beat lead Machamp. I can just Meteor Mash, tank a Dynamic Punch, and then use Earthquake to finish Machamp off without fearing confusion, or to OHKO a Heatran or Steel which switches in. Metagross provides many helpful resistences to this team, has Bullet Punch to help against frail sweepers such as Gengar, and Explosion to blow up on Swampert or something like Crocune. 252HP gives the most defensive potential overall, 24Spe allows you to outrun most other Metagross, and Machamp, and the rest of the EV's went into attack. Metagross, one of the most reliable leads in the 4th gen and for good reason. The only leads which it fails to beat are Infernape, Dragonite, and Heatran. Swampert does a great job at handling Infernape and Heatran, while my Mix Nite is a great switch into lead Dragonite as it would probably use Earthquake.

Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. 149
Dragonite@Life Orb
Nature:Mild
Ability:Intimidate
112Atk/196SpA/200Spe
-Superpower
-Roost
-Flamethrower
-Draco Meteor

Well, I knew I had a stall weakness, and I needed some resistences to Fighting, and Ground. I knew by not running a spinner, New Mix Mence would die too fast. I also tried Classic Mix Mence, but overall Brick Break wasn't too satisfying. I chose to use Mixed Dragonite, since I feel it is the best stall breaker in OU hands down, and is not dead weight against other offensive minded teams. With Superpower, you do not have to predict nearly as much like Classic Mix Mence, because it uses the much weaker Brick Break. With its great bulk, and Roost it can find itself lasting a long time spamming Draco Meteors which not even Steels would want to switch into. Superpower with the given EV's allow you to OHKO Bold Blissey, standard Heatran, and standard Tyranitar after Stealth Rock. Flamethrower 2HKO's every steel in OU, and 2HKO's Celebi and those who do well against Superpower and Draco Meteor. Another cool thing about Dragonite is the fact that he helps me check Breloom, a pokemon which is rising in play due to Latias's ban. Usually I have Swampert scout the opponents team with Roar a bit, so when I bring in Mix Nite to bring defensive teams down to its knees, I do not mispredict. With the given EV's, I hit 246Spe which outspeeds Jolly Tyranitar, and most defensive Celebi and Zapdos whom you can 2HKO. Dragonite is often my initial switch into Gliscor, since it gives me a free opprotunity to spam powerful Draco Meteors with little consequence. I honestly feel Dragonite is just as good as a Stall Breaker as Mence, and should see more use... especially once Mence goes Uber.

Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. 485
Heatran@Choice Scarf
Nature:Naive
Ability:Flash Fire
6Atk/252SpA/252Spe
-Earth Power
-Fire Blast
-Explosion
-Dragon Pulse

I knew when running Breloom and Metagross, I figured it would be beneficial to run Scarfed Heatran simply because I found it rather easy to get a Flash Fire boost. It also checks Rotom, Zapdos, Lucario, Jolteon, Salamence, Infernape, opposing Heatran, and many more. It has respectable bulk, numerous resistences in particular one to dragon, which means switching in is definitly not a problem. It runs the famous Fire/Ground/Dragon coverage combo, hitting everything in the game for neutral damage at least. Explosion is a great move to ease prediction, but I usually save it to nail counters such as Blissey and Crocune hard. When I use Heatran, I try to be careful with it later in the game since good players will try to use Earthquake and nail it on the switch, so I often find myself sacrificing whatever is out just to get Heatran in at times. I often find myself breaking holes in my opponents team with Scarfed Heatran, unlike weaker revenge killers such as Scarfed Jirachi and Scarfed Flygon. EV's are standard.

Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. 245
Suicune@Leftovers
Nature:Timid
Ability:Pressure
6HP/252SpA/252Spe
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Calm Mind
-Hidden Power Electric

Well, I knew I wanted a Gyara check in this slot, and I also wanted a way to clean up later in the game, so I decided to go with Offensive Suicune. I am convinced Offensive Suicune is probably one of the best late game cleaners in OU that hits from the special side, due to its bulk, excellent coverage, and the fact that it can be unpredictable. Alot of players go for Life Orb, but in the longterm it seems unwise. I would rather not reveil my set, waste my bulk with Life Orb, and Leftovers lets me stay alive longer to check more offensive threats. This Suicune usually helps me break holes in their team early game, while being a check to certain sweepers, or just setting up a Calm Mind into a Choiced Heatran locked into Fire Blast or something, and cleaning up late game. I run the most offensive spread possible, since I feel the bulk is unneccesary, while the offense is helpful for sweeping. A merit of this simple spread, is to outrun Adamant Lucario and be able to threaten a OHKO after a Calm Mind if I recall correctly. Water is easily one of the most flexible STABs in the metagame, and being able to hit steels neutral with your STAB is a great asset. Ice Beam hits Dragons, Kingdra, and Celebi, and HP Electric is good for the water type pokemon which wall your other moves.

Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. 286
Breloom@Toxic Orb
Nature:Adamant
Ability:Poison Heal
14HP/252Atk/244Spe
-Spore
-Substitute
-Seed Bomb
-Focus Punch

Breloom fufills a few roles in this team. It is a helpful status absorber, helps me break stall, and lets me run the Fire/Grass/Water defensive core. It provides a Quake/Edge resistence, which is always helpful. It is usually my initial switch into slow pokemon like Bronzong, Blissey, Snorlax, Forretress, Swampert, Vaporeon, and Skarmory. It is also another Gyara/Tyranitar check, and helps me check Bulky Water type pokemon. Sure, Dragons/Fliers + Celebi wall this set, but the team deals with Dragons quite well due to Swampert, Heatran, and Metagross. The other real flier in OU is Zapdos, which either gets walled by Swampert, or gets taken care of by Heatran or Mence. Celebi is actually pretty easy to deal with if you do not switch into Thunder Wave, which is why I pivot into Swampert, and then into Heatran or Mence to beat Celebi. Focus Punch is ridiculous, hitting nearly everything in OU for a 2HKO at least, while Seed Bomb is my alternative STAB to hit Ghosts, and has merit to hit Swampert and Suicune hard. EV's are standard, and they allow me to hit a Poison Heal number +1, allows me to outrun Rotom, and the rest are added into the obvious attack stat so you actually kill things. Before I stop talking about Breloom, all the free turns and switches Breloom provides, he can gain a crapload on hitpoints back from Poison Heal. So switching him into a resistence isn't always a bad thing even with his frail stats. Although if they have something strong like Spec'd Jolteon, I usually sacrifice whatever I have out, and I send Breloom on the revenge to Spore something, and to Punch another.

Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor. 260
Swampert@Leftovers
Nature:Relaxed
Ability:Torrent
252HP/6Atk/252Def
-Roar
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock

Resistences to Electric, Fire, Rock, and his great bulk overall makes Swampert an excellent asset to this team. I knew I needed a Stealth Rocker, and Swampert does the job very well. I also knew I needed a way to check DD Mence, which Swampert also accomplishes. Earthquake is a great check to steels, Tentacruel, and is Swampert's best STAB option. Ice Beam provides nearly perfect coverage alongside Earthquake, and lets me beat Gliscor and the Dragons this Swampert is meant to beat. Roar is excellent to wear down Stealth Rock weak pokemon, is a check to Baton Pass heavy teams/Ninjask and Curselax. It also allows me to scout their team, for me to make stronger predictions later in the game. It also checks Infernape and Tyranitar, which is what every team should be prepared for. EV's are standard for the most bulk Swampert can give so he can last a long time. He checks nearly any physically inclined sweeper in OU in a nutshell. Sometimes I am suprised at the rise of Choice Band Tyranitar, as I switch in Swampert and take nearly 50% of my health, however which multiple checks on the team, CB Tyranitar I see as a non issue.
Back to top Go down

Team Lizard - Let the bodies hit the floor.
Page 1 of 1